Global Commodity Leader Metal - Mioveni areaScris de leoHR
leoHR, search & selection division is looking for its client, a multinational automotive company,
Global Commodity Leader Metal - Mioveni area
Key areas of responsibilities and accountability:
The role of the Global Commodity Leader Metal is:
- to manage the worldwide suppliers panel for the commodity which he is responsible for, in order to optimize the Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) performance.
- responsible to drive and monitor the financial performance of the purchases in line with the Business Unit expectations.
- acts as a true Project Leader in charge of leading the productivity projects detailed within the SPART action plan and driving the expected savings.
The main missions for the Global Commodity Leader Metal is to:
- Purchasing Strategy:
- Set the commodity Strategy with focus on localization to Low Cost Countries
- Manage the panel of worldwide / regional suppliers to reach the “Target Panel” defining the best rated suppliers in line with the expectations for the commodity
- Manage strategic suppliers
- Analyze Market trends and competitive landscape (market and technical)
- Define Driver for the Budget activities
- Supplier Management
- Develop the suppliers (including partnership agreement)
- Define and set standard prices
- Sourcing Process
- Cost Analysis
- Internal and external costs
- Monitor Purchasing Performance
- Negotiate with Strategic suppliers
- Perform the operational sourcing for global / regional items
- Monitor the implementation of contracts
- Monitoring Process
- Supplier evaluation (Score card)
- Monitors and reports the actual financial result of the commodity versus the initial Budget
- Lead VAVE Action with R&D Support.
- Risk Management
- Identify and eliminate risks
- High business school or Master’s degree in engineering with a specialization in international purchasing
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the same level of position in an Automotive environment
- Ideally past experiences as Plant Buyer and Program Buyer
- Results oriented with strong written and oral communications skills
- Good experience to work in a cross-functional project team
- International mind set
- Minimum bi-lingual : English and French required.
If you are qualified and have interest in this role, please send us your resume by email to with subject “Global Commodity Leader Metal”. We sincerely appreciate and thank to all applications, however; only suitable candidates will be contacted further.